Keiss Estate – a magnificent Scottish coastal estate incorporating two castles on 786 acres – is for sale with Strutt & Parker. Offers are invited over £1.8m
– Keiss Estate is a stunning coastal property located in the county of Caithness, Scotland.
– The estate is centered around Keiss Castle, an imposing 18th-century Scottish Baronial property in need of refurbishment, with walled garden.
– Ruins of the original 16th-century Keiss Castle, scheduled ancient monument, are found on the cliff top, east of the newer castle.
– Ancillary residential properties on the estate include a gate lodge, farmhouse (divided into 2 apartments), a castle apartment, and adjacent stores and garages.
– The estate also encompasses Keiss Mains Farm, a productive arable and stock farm under a 5-year SLDT lease.
– The estate enjoys approximately 1 mile of sea frontage along Sinclair's Bay.
– The castle comprises over 11,300 sq. ft of adaptable accommodation across four floors.
– The castle includes various reception rooms with original features like bay windows, fireplaces, and stonework. It also features a central spiral stairway and ornate turned staircase.
– The estate includes a 2-bedroom castle apartment and a traditional terrace with two garages and a stable.
– A stone-built gatehouse at the estate entrance offers family accommodation.
– A recently renovated 2-storey traditional farmhouse can be used for long-term or holiday letting.
– The farm at Keiss covers approximately 786 acres.
– The farm comprises arable, pasture, rough grazing land, and various farm buildings.
– A private driveway leads to the castle, surrounded by lawned land and formal gardens.
– Keiss Castle Estate is located north of Wick in Caithness, known for its productive farming district and scenic coastline.
– Wick provides various facilities and transportation options, including rail and air travel.
– The area offers opportunities for fishing, including salmon and trout, and boasts excellent sea angling. Surfing is also popular on the north coast.
– Golf courses are available locally, including an internationally recognized Championship Course.
– The Castle of Mey, a former residence of the late Queen Mother, is nearby and open to visitors from May to September.