An Historic Chateau on 14 Hectares
Built in honey-colored stone and rising majestically from the flank of a hill, the chateau has a rare, almost fairy-tale quality. In the 18C, d’Artagnan’s uncle enlarged the property and legend has it he often entertained the illustrious musketeer. In March 1814, Wellington is reputed to have stayed at the chateau while advancing towards Toulouse.
Saved from virtual ruin in the 1970s, the property has been entirely refurbished in recent years and its manageable proportions are ideal for present-day living. The main accommodation rises over three floors accessed by a superb spiral staircase and a south tower provides further entertaining space and wine storage.
An immense, elevated terrace overlooks the swimming pool and gardens and the outbuildings include a first floor office/events room, with garaging and car port below. The Maison d’amis is suitable for family, letting or resident staff.
The majority of the outlying estate is wooded, with many delightful pathways and the meadows are rich in wild flowers including a dozen varieties of orchids. Set in spectacular countryside of the Madiran winelands with panoramic views of the distant Pyrenees.