On a property size of approx. 6,000 square meters, Waldenstein Castle , built in the 12th century and first mentioned in 1251, rises majestically with views over the Wieslauf Valley and the heights of the Welzheimer Wald and has experienced a turbulent history to this day.
Around 1650, the castle was rebuilt after years of decay. In 1819, the buildings were partially destroyed by fire and then rebuilt. The ensemble consists of a total of 6 buildings and is a cultural monument in its entirety.
The two-storey stone house of the castle with Hohenstaufen humpback masonry and up to three meters thick walls is partly still surrounded by a shield wall and houses 5 modern guest rooms and the private apartment. The house with a barn and horse boxes from 1786 and the barn are still largely in their original state.
The guesthouse with 8 rooms was built in 1910, rebuilt in 1989 and extensively renovated in 2014 (bathrooms, fire protection …). In the same year, the installation of a new gas boiler for the castle – the guest house is heated with a piece of wood heating, or optionally with the still fully functional oil heating. The restaurant with knight’s hall for about 100 people, the castle bar with about 40 seats, the beer garden and the terrace are regularly booked well for weddings and other celebrations.
Optionally, there is the possibility of a cultivation or new construction on the old house with scouring and renovation of the same and expansion of the barn to apartments in a historic setting.