This Fort is For Sale with Bernado Luxury Houses
Impressive property of 740 m2 located in the Natural Park of Cabo de Gata, specifically in the Playazo de Rodalquilar on a plot of 74,381 m2, next to Playa de los Castillejos, there is a battery for four guns that watches the coastline between Cerrico Romero and Cala de San Pedro.
Its origin dates back to the 1764 regulation that ordered its construction. This battery was designed by José Crame, and built by order of Carlos III. It was built in the 18th century to protect the small port near the watchtower of Los Alumbres (16th century), which served to control possible invasions of the town’s lead and gold mines. Its state of conservation is good and is privately owned.
The castle currently consists of two living rooms, one with access to the kitchen and the other with access to the indoor pool area. It has 5 bedrooms en suite and an old warehouse that can be given different uses.