The chateau itself has three wings: east, north and west, forming a ‘U’ shape to which a breathtaking ancient alley leads and Baroque gate enters on the south side. The east wing comprises of the so-called ‘Old Chateau’, a Renaissance building with origins dating back to the late 16th century built in Renaissance. The west and north wings, the ‘New Chateau’, come from the end of 17th century, the Baroque period. The chateau burned down in 1811 and reconstruction of the whole complex in the Neo-Renaissance style was finished in 1884, including an extension of a tower in the east wing (five-sided roundel).
One underground floor and 2 above ground floors as well as an attic of rectangular ground plan with pitched roof, divided on the right side by a 5-storey tower finished with a steep roof.
The underground floor has a corridor, toilets and technical equipment and storage. The ground floor has a corridor leading through the whole length of the building, halls and living rooms on the courtyard side and toilets. The first floor has a through-corridor, halls and rooms, and the tower staircase.
West and north wing:
One underground floor and 2 above ground floors and attic and tower in the shape of a four-sided pyramid. The underground floor and both above ground floors have formal corridors, large halls, rooms, a chapel that rises through 2 floors, as well as dining room, kitchen, bathrooms, storage, heating room, and staircase.
The attic has living rooms and a staircase leading to the loft with the tower.
The surroundings of the chateau are part of a scenic region with many noted sites and numerous opportunities for active sports like cycling, hiking, hunting, fishing, horse riding, boat trips on the Ohře river, mushroom picking, sightseeing flights, skydiving, and swimming, The Plešivec area has many attractions for sports lovers, including cross-country skiing in the Ore Mountains, tennis facilities and a local golf course with extensive technical and social facilities meeting international standards at a distance of 3 km. The chateau is close to the highway Karlovy Vary – Prague and a few kilometers to the international airport in Karlovy Vary.